Monday, March 21, 2011

March 21, 2011

I hope Grandpa gets better and I hope Devree's hand heals! I'm so happy that Dane is being a good missionary you should all follow his example! I am doing great and my super cool nick name is either Poly Ca which is interpereted Polynesian Cousin or Korbata which means tie in Tagalog. The reason why they call me that was because our teacher asked me a question and i didn't know the answer so i said KORBAATAAAAA! and the whole class laughed at me. My companion drew a picture and i will send a picture of it to you all!



At times i do get discouraged with the language because it is like Spanish but his evil cousin. Think of saying something now think of saying it in the longest way possible now say that backwards. That is Tagalog. here is an example. Totoo ang Ebanghelyo ni Jesucristo. Directly translated it means true is the gospel of Jesus Christ. Try this one out. Nagpapasalamat po kami para sa mga pamilya ako. Thankful (respectfuly to you) for family of mine. Its comming and I try to incorporate it in my every day speach like if i held the door open for someone they would say thank you i would say "Walang Anuman" which means "Its nothing"
Shay you will never know the full measure of joy you have given our district when you sent that ball in the care package! Games have been invented and journals written about that ball. One game in particular is when whe get an old tie and we lay it down across the floor in our resedence hall. Then each Elder takes turns hitting it back and forth to one another without accidentally hitting it on there side of the tie! if it does happen to hit the tie then it is a tie! get it! That little ball is what we use to relive stress everyday when we get back after a long day of language and religion study. Thank You Shay for your generous gift. We Love you and stay in school.
Devs im sorry about your hand and i hope you grow skin soon. as for your question yes we are supposed to only call eachother by Elder .... but that doesn't apply for nicknames. Yes i did tell my companion my whole name and he liked the Theo part of it.
Dane i love that your being an awsome missionary keep it up and don't stop be an example to the rest of those yahoos.
I am deeply sorry for the devestaion that Japan is facing right now. If you can i need the adderess of Will Galbraith,Manny Boga,Kyle Matsko, and any others i will put with the other pictures i am sending you. Thank you for the letters and the emails and i want you all to know that i love you and keep up the good work.

Love Elder Hamblin,


P.S. KORBATAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment