Monday, August 27, 2012

August 26th, 2012

Trying to eat a burger in the Philippines.  They don't quite get how we eat the meat bigger than the bun or the cheese thing or even real ketchup.  That meat looks suspicious too!  Where are the lettuce, onion and tomatoe, let alone the bacon? 
A Japanese restaurant though.
 
Elder Rocaberte
Dear Hamblin Family,
OKAY, so this week was pretty cool. I am sending you some pictures of the interesting food that I have been finding and eating. The HUGE burger was found in Santiago in a Japanese restaurant. It was called the GODZILLA BURGER, and it was quite delicous. It could have been better with some bacon on it. As you can tell by the pictures it was pretty darn big! I liked it! Elder Allen almost threw up again. WE like to have our fun.
My black shirt is a bukid shirt! The workers wear this light weight shirt into the bukid because it protects from the sun mostly and is light and breaths well. Keeps you cool in the burning sun. I like it and I may get some other colors later on to bring home. I was pretending to use Elder Allens Inhaler. He liked that. You might not want to put that on the blog. I think my garments might be showing through the shirt! He he! :D
SO ya thats whats up with me. Elder Rocaberte is a great companion. He's helping me do my best to help others come unto Christ. We have a lot of younger investigators with one special case family. They are doing alright. Not too much success. Just wait for the baptisms coming up next Month in September. Elder Rocaberte is super excited for September because that means he's going home soon. I think in December. As soon as you hit the "ber" months here it's practically CHRISTMAS!!! WHOOO HOOOO! SO get ready guys! Get ready for Christmas!
In the mean time please pray for our recent converts: The Balagbagan family and Reynel and Elizabeth. Along with the investigators the Malgapo Family and Jessica Balcita. OH and Jennifer and Bong Bong. They need the help and guidance. They need to feel their Saviors love and want to be on the right path back to Heavenly Father. Pray that they will read the scriptures, pray to know if they are true, and come to church next Sunday. They and I would appericiate your prayers.
SO Dad,
I liked the random message about you not being back to your office. I guess I got mixed up in your send list. I think everyone gets stressed with work every now and then. NO Matter what your job is ya know? I want you to show me how to get up by the water tower. I want to hike the hill by our house that me and Manny loved back in the day. I hope that I won't get fat when I get home. I don't like being fat. It's not fun. But ya I want to go quading with you.
I never minded being the peacemaker. It was an okay job in the house. I miss all your unique personalities. You all do a great job with keeping the dramas and stresses outside the house. I think that was one reason why I just always love being with my family who accepted me no matter what. I was safe and could express how I truly felt. That's home. I miss it sometimes. Especially the washing machine. I wish it was here. he he..... no seriously. Could you like send it in a package or something? JK I love you pops.
The song I sent you was just a joke. I was bored and just wanted to cheer you up! I hope you liked it. Aunt Paula looks happy to be in white again. I am excited and happy for her. I'm glad Kolten was there for her. I am glad that she's making GREAT decisions. No doubt she is on her way to being sealed to Ben and having a great life with him. I am truly happy for her. Give her my best. I miss her.
I can't believe that my sister is going to college! THATS CRAZY!!! I hope she isn't stressing too much about that. All the apartment and stuff are arranged and ready to go? Is she going to be on break when I get back or is she going to be in school? I don't know. We'll see. Dad, I love you. The reason why I like making peace is because I hate war. I do not delight in blood shed. I like having my family happy and together. I can't wait to sit around and goof around with you guys. Like old times. I know you won't pressure me into getting married Dad. I will feel the pressure from the world to do a lot of things. Basta, I love you Pops. Don't stress out too much. You might get an ulcer like me in San Mariano! Love you Dad. Love Elder Hamblin
Dear Mom,
I liked your little bit about the lessons. "ME AND THE BOYS ARE GOING TO ZION!" I love the pioneer attitude. They believed and no one was going to tell them they were wrong. They were diligent and humble and hard workers. They are my heroes Mom. They are the trail blazers. I have a big respect for those guys. I love them.
So I kinda told you about our investigators a little bit at the beginning. A little more detail: Bong needs help with Faith. He needs to have the Faith to do somethings and to stop doing some things. Like we all do. (Sorry I can't be very detailed. They are worried about our blogs and things right now. There have been some problems with the blogs of missionaries and things. Private information leaked out and people getting offended or getting gossiped about. I don't know how much I can and how much I can't say. Basta, just know that I do have investigators. They are awesome, they all have little things they are over coming and they are trying to get closer to Christ. I hope that they are finding out the truth of this message and using it in their lives. It's helping them.
You know Mom. One thing that I wished I had worked with the missionaries more before. I also wish I had read Preach My Gospel....ALL OF IT! NOT JUST THE LESSONS! I taught two lessons last Sunday. One was to the congregation in sacrament meeting about missionary work and how every member is a missionary. Then I went straight to the youth and taught them about missionary work and Preach My Gospel and how they should all study it before their missions to get ready. It went pretty good. Anyways, later on that day we taught a Fireside in Rizal a neighbooring ward and it was about how the members should help the missionaries in lessons. WE role played. On the way home we got a ride from the AP's (Assistants to the President) Me and my Batch Elder Huffstutler rode in the back of the truck and OYM'd (Offer Your Message) to two guys on a motorcycle. We gave him a pamphlet while we were both still driving. That was pretty cool. OYM from the back of a truck! So ya, I just though that you might like to know about my CRAZY last Sunday. I promise they aren't all that cool! I love you Mom Elder Hamblin

Dear Devree,
GO STAR WARS!!!! LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER!!!!!!! I love that series. I hope that you are not to bored all the time. Help duck tape Dane's schedule to his forehead for me will ya?
SO, I can't believe that my little sis is going to college already. You know I am only a couple of steps behind you right now! I don't know what I really am going to do yet. I know it involves college, work, and beautiful women and other than that I am just kinda going with the flow. We'll see what happens. Your movie was Star Wars by the way, ANNNNND Here is mine:
"I am tired of your emotional constipation!"
"Is this water Sanitary? It looks questionable to me!"
"I WANT TO KNOW..... CAN YOU SHOW ME!"
Guess that! So they are making a Monsters Inc two. THEY BETTER do a good job with it or I am gonna get mad and write a letter. This crappy 2nd movie business has got to end! I am ready for the best of the best sister. You have to prioritize that list of yours. I'm sure the movie count has got to be up in like the 20's by now and we are going to need to start with the best. So, I trust your taste in movies. Get ready for the marathon of your life! I love you sis. Keep your room clean and do your best at college. Does this mean you're going to be emailing me separately now? I can't wait for the package and all! I am STOKED! I'm proud of you sis. Love Big Bro Hamblin

Dear Shay,
Soccer sounds like fun and definitely a time consumer ya know!? I love ya bro. I can't stop saying it. I miss you sometimes. I hope to be able to spend a lot more time with ya bro when I get home. Don't be surprised if I want to just go on a walk to the river and just talk with ya about... whatever you want to talk about. If you want, I'll even take you to the dollar tree every now and then. We'll buy some root beer and party hardy like it's 1964. Anyways. I hope things are going your way. I hope you don't hate school too much. There is always something good about school that you can find. What helps me Shay is that I try and get myself into the mode of loving to learn. Find something you are interested in and read about it.  Learn about it as much as you can. Then use that knowledge in like a friendly conversation. Like the other day I was reading in an old health book that I found at a members house. It was about the body and described different parts. I read about the eyes and found out that tears have a cleaning or sanitizing agent in them that helps clean your eye balls when you cry! Isn't that cool! You can always find a way to love learning new things. Even Math or Algebra. Just find a way to love learning and get the homework out of the way first when you get home so you don't have to worry about it! Love ya Shay Love Big Bro Elder Hambz

Dear Dane,
I love ya Dane! You from what I hear are doing a great job at baby sitting dogs....and watching tv's. Ya lazy bum you! I love ya though. How you doing Dane? What are you going to switch to if you can't be baritone? Maybe a saxophone? Try that. And try the brussel sprouts. You got to try everything at least once. Usually Mom feeds you good things to make you big and strong so trust her. She isn't trying to kill you with vegetables. I love you bro but you got to try out for a sport or something. I've seen the pics of you getting your breakfast in bed. I hope that you aren't spending too much time in front of the tv! Me and you should go ride on our bikes together after the mission. I think that would be good! I like riding bikes don't you? Don't be too loud practicing your instrument while they are in seminary! I love you Dane and don't worry. The Warcraft battles are on when I get home! Love ya bro. Elder Hambz!!!

Dear Beloved family I miss you sooooooooo much! I hope you enjoy the weird pictures. I hope that all goes well for you and you do what you really want to do. Go get your goals. Live your dreams. Be who God is helping you become. I love you all and hope to hear from you again next Monday. I hope that my emails are getting at least a little more in depth. I hope you liked it and the pictures.
THANKS FOR THE LOVE!!!
LOVE,
ELDER HAMBLIN 

No comments:

Post a Comment