Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5th, 2011 -Trainer of new Anak

Jurassic Worm


Elder Cajumban's Cooking


Elder Hamblin showing appreciation for Elder Cajumban's cooking.


Elder Hamblin playing Jenga with his district.




Guys I really needed your letter this P-Day! Elder Cajumban was Transferred and I got my brand new anak from the Manila MTC. Yes his name is Elder Oyardo and he is Philippino! He is a great missionary and we are already becoming great friends. He is really helping me out with being a trainer and he’s a great cook! I love him! But training isn't all peaches and cream. Our Ward Missionary Leader (an RM from Manila) sat us both down and told us what needs to happen. He doesn't want the work to suffer here, in fact he wants it to be 10 times better and there is a lot of stuff he ordered me to do. On top of all this I have a baptism coming up on the 9th and new members to prepare for the Temple Trip and the world seems to have crushed on top of me! I am suffocating under the weight. Yesterday we worked with The Ward Missionary Leader and it was raining. We had to go out to a New Member Mark John Waaaaayayayyaayaayyyyyy out in Matoya and it’s really muddy there. I fell down twice in the mud and I wanted to cry. I couldn't help but think poor pitiful me! I must be having the worst day ever in the history of worst days. I thought no one could ever have a worse day than this. Then I thought of 1 man who bled from every pore, a man who carried a wooden cross up a hill and was spat on and persecuted, who was betrayed by one of his closest friends. I thought of my Savior Jesus Christ and all he did for me and how he knew what I was going thru. I found the strength to get up both times and press on. I have wanted to cry for the last 2 days with all the pressures that have been put on me, but I know I can do it even if it seems impossible right now! I can do it with God’s help because he can do anything! Please don't stop praying for me. I need all the help I can get these next few weeks. I can feel your love and prayers everyday and I can't live without them. I guess what I'm trying to say is training isn't easy. I am being pushed to my limits on every level. Physically I am exhausted each night. Mentally I am about to lose it and my Tagalog is being pushed like I have never experienced before in my whole mission. My anak doesn't speak very good English and only understands limited English. I have never prayed like this before in my whole life!
Dear Mom,

Our Investigators are doing great. Joan is going to be baptized Dec. 9th and if I can get some BRCRs in we just might have some of our Investigators go do Baptisms for the Dead in the Manila Temple so please pray very hard for them that they can do that! We are currently teaching 3 families the Nasugatans the Fugabans and the Roxas. They are doing fine but they need to come to church! The members are fine but the Ward Mission Leader (Edwin Madrellyos) is kinda rude and prideful from his mission in Manila. He's too focused on the numbers in my opinion. He actually told me that he felt that I wasn't ready to train and wanted to ask Pres. Carlos for another missionary to come here and help me! Can you believe that? He's not on my top 10 list of nice people right now. I haven't been able to play the piano much yet. I need to focus on my anak right now not piano. SO Manny came over that's cool. What did he say? How’s School going?
Dear Mom,
I miss you Mom and I miss not having to wake up at 6:30 am everyday. I miss your cooking too! I miss my house. That day I slipped in the mud 2x I thought to myself, "what are you doing? What are you trying to prove? Why are you even here?" It didn't take long to answer I am here to preach the gospel no matter how hard it is no matter how bad people are to me I am here to save souls. These people need me! I just want you to know I miss my mommy and that I can't wait to see you guys for Christmas. I love ya.

Elder Hamblin

Dear Devree,
I would love to see a poem about me Devrs, If you could send one that would be great! So you got hit with a Chocolate Milk! Rough stuff! I would hate to be wet and sticky. HA! Your movie was Galaxy Quest here’s mine:
"Put that thing back where it came from or so help me!"
"In my professional opinion now is the time to PANIC!"
"O I'm the abominable snow man!"
"Do you hear that? It’s the wind of Change."

GUESS THAT!
I love you little Sis and I want you to know that you are very important to me and that I really can't wait to see you during Christmas. I love ya! Elder Hamblin
Dear Dane,
SO how are you doing little bro! I miss you! So how’s that math treating you at school? I hope school isn't being too rough on you! I miss you and I love you and I hope to hear more from you next week.

Love ya! Elder Hamblin


Dear Shay,
I love ya bro. I miss ya. I am glad you asked for help with Preston. So he’s not coming to church hmmmmmmmm. Well you could try and wake him up before church and show him how it’s done. Help him through the motions and get him ready to be at church on time! Then once you've done that a few times just call to make sure he’s up and getting ready for church on time and make sure the other boys don't say things to him like. Gee where have you been? or Look who’s back! ya know that would just discourage him coming to church! So just get him in the habit of things and he should be alright. Love Ya ELder Hamblin
Dear Dad,
I would like to say thanks for the story at the end I really needed to hear that! I also would like to say thanks for all the wisdom that you have given me. I have just been having a really rough week so sorry for the crappy email. I really do try my best to get a good meaningful letter out to you guys. But next email could you please send me an inspirational thought or some kind loving words from you I really need that right now. Please continue to pray for me, for us here in the Philippines Cauayan Mission and I will pray for you!
I haven't received any other packages other than the 1st one so far so maybe tomorrow I will get them! I can't wait! Should be exciting.
The Skype thing will probably happen in Ilagan because the internet here is kinda sketchy! Ya Christmas Day would be best but I'll let you know if anything changes. I love ya! ELder Hamblin

***

Pictures enjoy!!! :)
The worm one has got to be one of our favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment