Monday, May 23, 2011

Little Red is Dead!


This is a shot of Noble's trainer (Elder Bates) walking up a board. Look at all the jungle!!! Noble is really on an adventure that he will remember for the rest of his life.

***

Elder Hamblin gets to do his laundry by hand.

***

So what do you think about washing your laundry by hand Elder Hamblin? You probably won't miss that when you get back to the USA.

***

Noble's beautifully hand cleaned laundry. Good job Elder Hamblin!!!

***

The back of Noble's apartment.

***

Noble's favorite drink in his 1st area.

***

Noble riding a tricycle with his trainer. This tricycle is a motorcycle with a sidecar. Noble likes riding on top where the breeze gives him some relief from the humid weather.

***

Elders that flew to the Philippines with Noble. The Elder in the middle is the picture that was sent to us with a form letter that said our Elder made it to the Philippines safely.

***

Noble flew to the Philippines with these missionaries. They all got to see each other again when they went to Cauayan for new missionary orientation. Noble said they learned how to change the water purifier filter for the kitchen sink, and other things that the new missionaries need to know.

***

Noble told us on our Mother's Day phone call that the trees are what he likes best so far.

***

Another shot of the trees around Noble's apartment (that he mentioned so fondly). We also need to see a picture of the infamous rooster that would not be quiet during our phone call. Noble said there was a rooster on the left of his apartment and to the right. These roosters don't just crow in the morning. They are happy enough to crow all the time.




WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!!!! I don't know who did it but I just might strangle them with my ugliest tie! Goodness Gracious my Little Red is gone! Ripped away in one email just gone! I have alot of strong emotions tied with that truck. I used it for everything! I ate in it, I slept in it, heck I even learned how to make out in it and now its GONE! Please tell me what happened next email.
ANYWAYS sorry about that I just love my truck. So I liked your Quote Mom with Elder Hugh B. Brown and believe me I need my Heavenly Father every hour! I pray alot as a missionary. I pray for guidance and safety. I pray for my companion to put up with me. I pray to understand and learn to speak this language and to have patience in the process. I pray to find the people that the Lord has prepared and put in my path that I will know what to say to them! I pray for alot of things and I try to start and end every prayer in Tagalog and use as much as I can in each prayer. I learned alot of new things from my companion about how to speak Tagalog properly and how they speak it here. Alot of Tagalish (Tagalog and English) is spoken here. So they understand me if I break into English sometimes. If they don't my companion can translate for me.
Well Dad I'm really jealous! I would like some Christmas in May! So a brand new Laptop with the 3.0 USB and a 32 GB memory stick. You lucky Dog you! Hey by the way, can I have your old laptop when I get back? You know for school and things! You're the best Dad! JK Oh I have some songs you need to look up! One is from Brad Paisley that my companion had on a burnt CD its called "The Completely, Non-offensive, politicaly correct Holiday". Its on his Christmas CD so check that song out. It is hilarious! Also some songs in Tagalog for you to check out are "Maging Sino Ka Man" and "Ngiti" They are pretty good and everyone plays them around here! So go have fun with that!
Thank you for your last letter and the inspirational qoutes from this letter! They really help me stay motivated and learning this language even when I don't feel like it or I feel like I never will learn the language. It helps me have patience with myself and how I don't learn things as fast as others do. I will strive to learn all things with the help of the Spirit.
Things are going great! The pres. of our branch forgot that he wanted me to play piano for sacrament meeting (which is great because I had no time to practice!) So just in case for next week I will practice some hymns after zone meeting so that I can play something! Mom, Dad if you do send a package, send me some zip lock bags please! That would be helpful with all the humidity and mold! I went down 2 belt sizes so far and I think its because I'm losing weight like crazy! I am working out each morning and Dane, dont you worry, I will have a six pack in no time! I went back to Cauayan for the trainers/trainees meeting and I got to see my batch (the missionaries that I came in with!) They are all alive and well! Sister Pulu has a Philipino companion so she's picking up the language super fast! Elder Huffstutler has a Branch Pres. who thinks he knows everything about Americans and the US. And ELder Oliver ( The Tall red head you got a picture of) Is in the hottest part of the mission, Tagigaraw so he is trying to eat a ton so he doesn't shrivel up and blow away in the wind! In the meeting, Elder Oliver leaned over to me and said, "Hey ELder, do you remember when we ate Tongan food? I said "ya". He said "It seems like its been forever since then!" I said "It sure has!" He was talking about the plane ride from Salt Lake City to LA and how Sister Pulus parents fed us Tongan food! During the meeting they talked to us about all the saftey procedures and how to change the fillters on the sink and other important things! On the Way to Solano for P-Day we rode in a Trike and on the inside there was a sticker that said, The end of the world was on May 21st. Now as you can see we've made it past May 21st now and every thing is fine here! How are things back home? Has the world ended there? I'm just curious!
My companion pulled a dirty trick on me! He said that if you hold a 1000 peso bill up in a mirror you can see a monkey holding a 1000 peso bill. So being the dumb newbie that I am I went to the mirror and looked and looked until I realized that I WAS THE MONKEY HOLDING THE 1000 PESO BILL! That jerk! No really he's pretty nice most of the time! He helped translate some of the funny sayings of Bob Ong and he's a famous writter here in the Philippines. One of the quotes was, "When you say that your heart beats for someone or your heart longs for them in all actuality its not your hearts fault. All it does is pump blood for your body. So you might blame your brain instead for thinking about them all the time, but its not your brains fault either. It only does what you tell it to. So don't blame your Heart, your lungs, your kidneys, or intestines for your romantic problems. When it comes down to it it's all your fault!" Ya he's a pretty funny writer! I like his stuff! I just might buy a copy of one of his books and send it home for when I get back!
Well I hope every one is doing okay. I don't know why my fellow siblings have abandonded me in my time of need and didn't send me a message. JK I love you all soooooo much and i wish and pray for your success every night! I hope you can get the garage door fixed for free! I can't hope for too much more for little red. (tear falls dramatically to the ground)
I love you all and I pray for you all. I feel your prayers for me on the tough days. I love you alllllll sooooo much!!!!! Be safe and enjoy your new toys! (Dad)
And Shay look up Michal V and the Bubble Gang on Youtube and tell me what you find. I've heard he's like the weird Al of the Philippines! So go enjoy that.
Oh Devree I think your last quote was The Sword In The Stone so here's my quote: "I've a girl back home who's unlike any other. Ya the only girl who loves him is his mother." Try to guess that one if I haven't accidentally given you 2! Love YA

Elder Hamblin
Oh here are some pictures of me doing my laundry and the palm trees by our house and me ridding on top of the Trike! That was fun, The cup is a Zagu drink that is absolutely delicious and they have alot of flavors. This one is Strawberry! YUM YUM! Ya in the picture of my batch the one on the left tall and red hair if thats the one you saw in the photo thats Elder Oliver and he's the best! I hope we get to be companions for awhile mabe just one cycle that would be great! Love ya

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Hamblin Family wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment